Pharmaceutical Applications Project Manager
|Compensation Details||Flexible based on experience|
|Job ID Number||TRMAPPPM|
Senior IT Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional initiatives. The incumbent will lead a variety of different types of projects including implementing new systems and services, application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process re-engineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given initiative.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Directs multiple projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners.
- Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
- Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts.
- Publishes periodic project status reports.
- Proposes recommendations and adjustments.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on Projects.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- 7-10 years progressive experience in Information Technology.
- Knowledge at the expert level of current IT project and services processes and methodologies.
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management with a focus on technology management.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Solid influencing skills.
- Sound business and technical acumen.
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally together with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to easily recognize areas for internal improvement and develop plans for implementation.
- Ability to anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in an expedient manner quickly gathering information and consensus along with making sound decisions.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical or Biotech company is required.