Software Applications Manager – Revenue Cycle
|Job ID Number||DR7018032206|
The Software Applications Manager is responsible for the implementation and support of revenue cycle billing and claims systems. The position combines leadership experience with technical expertise in Xifin (Lab) and other support system functionality. The Manager is responsible for staff recruiting, system development, testing, system vendor negotiations, maintenance, tracking, and delivery. The Manager will oversee a team responsible for the accurate and timely file maintenance and updates to the Xifin system to enhance productivity and revenue cycle.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Implement and maintain system functionality to ensure timely and accurate billing for hospital and professional billing for care provided.
- Maintain direct knowledge of current and future capabilities of Xifin revenue cycle with focus on productivity, development and cash acceleration.
- Develop roadmaps and long range plans for all billing related applications and systems.
- Prepare sizing and estimates deliverables for revenue cycle projects.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership for lifecycle management, including selection, implementation, maintenance, upgrade, and enhancement of billing and vendor technology.
- Incorporate best practices to improve existing organizational methods and system processes.
- Guide requirements gathering and solution design activities including the design of workflows as it relates to billing and revenue cycle.
- Negotiate resolution of conflicting requirements across organizational departments and IT portfolios.
- Set and measure performance objectives and provide regular one-on-one feedback to team members.
- Track lost and missing files for recovery and resubmission.
- Hire, evaluate the performance of and implement corrective action, up to and including termination, for assigned staff as necessary.
- Manage delivery by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for the suite of applications related to billing.
- Develop metrics, measure, and publish the performance of the team under management.
- Work closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, and selecting and implementing specific information technology which support the business plans and IT strategies.
- Assist with the preparation of budget for IT systems and services, forecast future trends in the areas of health care IT management and revenue cycle.
- Maintain a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve health care objectives.
- Prepare analysis and or proposals for other enterprise departments when necessary.
- Serve as an internal consultant to other Revenue Cycle, IT management staff, and operations community as needed.
- Coach, mentor and manage staff to implement, maintain and support all related software, configurations and workflows.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5-7 years' experience managing and developing a software applications team, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Familiar with the definitions and application of Lean performance management and improvement.
- Experience in test and train environments and testing lifecycle.
- Experience in management and tracking of electronic files and understanding of eligibility and claims transmission data.
- Experience with Xifin preferred.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are not able to sponsor any candidates at this time.