Director, Software Development
|Job ID Number||DR7018082906|
The Director of Software Development will report to the Chief Information Officer and own delivery of all application development across the enterprise with a total team of 40+.with 6 Direct reports This position will use existing Agile methodologies to partner with Product Owners, operational support staff, and their development team to plan, design, and execute on delivering all application development needs of the company's production systems developed in ASP.NET / SQL Server platform.
You should consider this position if you have a deeply rooted love of modern software development approaches, want to be part of one of the most innovative and exciting industries of our time, and enjoy managing people. You should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to drive a collaborative design effort across business stakeholders and technology teams. You should be a leader in providing strategic project direction, technical and process leadership, and general management guidance to teams of developers and testers.
- Lead enterprise architecture planning and design efforts with technology leaders, both in IT and other divisional software organizations.
- Work with Product Owners and Project Managers to plan and execute an Agile software development lifecycle, while also managing published release calendars.
- Support and participate in all phases of the Agile development process, continuously improving software development processes and documentation.
- Accountable for partnering with development leads on technology design approaches and estimation of tasks.
- Ensure development and testing teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources for prioritized initiatives.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and development leads to understand, design, and assess solutions to deliver on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Demonstrate leadership in planning, coordinating, and executing deployment rollouts of complex software releases that deliver enhancements within target schedule and with minimal disruption to the business.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinking resource to your development leads throughout their design and development efforts Bring new and out-of-the box ideas to the table when working with development teams on their design and development efforts -- in technology approach, delivery process, and risk-mitigation.
- Effectively allocate resources to projects based on their skills and develop and monitor individual employee's performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels.
- Bachelor's degree, computer science preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience leading software teams in an Agile development environments.
- Working knowledge of cloud environments (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience migrating enterprise applications from on-premise and/or colo-hosted configurations to an IaaS / PaaS cloud platform (preferably Microsoft Azure).
- Deep understanding of internet application enterprise architecture as it applies to in-house developed applications and integration into vendor-managed applications.
- Experience leading teams in software development methodologies promoting repeatability, usability, interoperability, testability, and supportability.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships.
- Ability to cultivate a collaborative and communicative high-energy delivery organization through management style and approach.
- Experience working with multiple teams across a portfolio of in-house and vendor technologies.
- Specific experience with Microsoft stack technologies (C#/ASP.NET/SQL Server/etc.)
- Specific experience leading DevOps practices, CI/CD and automation tools. (Preferably JIRA/Bitbucket/TeamCity). And ability to drive towards a container based platform in Azure.
- Prior hands-on software development experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure environments and network architecture for building complex, highly-available and scalable enterprise apps.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.