Scientific Informatics Consultant
|Compensation||$80-$110,000 + Bonus|
|Job ID Number||DR2518090401|
The ideal candidate will understand the science and process of pharmaceutical discovery and has knowledge of the data and technologies employed. The Scientific Informatics Consultant is responsible for understanding data workflows in life sciences and using our Data Analytics Platform to improve data delivery to end user scientists considering analytics and collaboration requirements. The Scientific Informatics Consultant will work closely with Data Analytics Platform prospects and customers both on the scientific and IT sides to deliver deployments that include data configuration, web service integration and custom plug-ins. The scientific consultant will be a key member of the Data Analytics Platform team and is also responsible for the creation and delivery of training courses, communicating customer feedback and review of product designs.
- Presales activities supporting business development.
- Exploratory customer conversations – on-site or online
- Product demonstration
- Attending scientific conferences and trade shows
- Supporting D360 evaluations
- Customer configuration projects management and implementation:
- Configuring our Data Analytics Platform to access customer data source to serve end-user workflow requirements.
- Integration of web services with our Data Analytics Platform
- Data Analytics Platform Plug-in development through scripting
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Solution deployment and user adoption
- Project scoping and management:
- End-user engagement and requirements gathering
- Assisting with responses to RFIs/RFPs and writing statements of work
- Working reliably on projects within specific budget and timelines while maintaining quality deliverables
- Data Analytics Platform Product Support:
- End user support
- Technical user support
- End user and technical training:
- Design of training courses specific to a customer needs
- Delivery of training courses to scientific and technical users
- Creation of training materials
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in chemistry, cheminformatics, bioinformatics or related scientific discipline.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of scientific data in the discovery and/or preclinical life sciences.
- Understanding of the science and process of pharmaceutical discovery and knowledge of the data and technologies.
- Experience with pre-sales, demonstration, configuration, project scoping, product support, and training of software is a plus.
- Understanding of workflows in life sciences.
- Experience in SQL-based databases and Web services (REST APIs, etc).
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Java and Groovy.
- Experience with Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based computing environments (AWS or similar) is a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Passion for problem solving and teamwork.
- Strong collaborative skills, team player mentality.
- Exceptional customer service aptitude required.
- Effective decision-making and problem solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to moderate issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Willingness to travel (both domestic and international) up to 40% of the time as work requires.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor any candidates at this time.